Labor and Employment Legal Services
When you have a problem with an employee, do not fire him or her without consulting an employment lawyer. Hiring a lawyer immediately can save time and substantial money on both legal fees and damages.
Services we provide
• Contracts validations
• Rule and regulations
• Notice of dismissing
• Dismissing employees
• Dispute resolutions
• Wage Payment and Severance pay.
• Litigation and Advocacy (sexual harassment, unfair dismissal, redundancy dismissal etc.)
• Daily minimum wages in Phuket which became effective on October 1, 2022. 354 THB
• Severance pay rate in Phuket, Thailand are as follows:
|Employment Period||Severance Pay Rate|
|120 days but less than 1 year||30 days|
|1 year but less than 3 years||90 days|
|3 years but less than 6 years||180 days|
|6 years but less than 10 years||240 days|
|10 years but less than 20 years||300 days|
|20 years or more||400 days|
In Thailand, certain labor and employment laws have been enacted regulating the areas of age, sex, discrimination, race relations, disability, health and safety, and employee rights in general. Also, labor unions: according to labor law, you would need a lawyer to ensure that your business complies with the law.
The Department of labor protection and welfare of Thailand classified labor and employment law into 3 categories below;
• Labor protection laws such as labor protection Act B.E. 2541(1998) includes all Ministerial Regulations, Determining work which non overtime pay and holiday overtime Pay, B.E. 2552 (2009), Prohibiting employers for children employees B.E. 2559 (2016), for instance.
• Safety, Occupational Health and Work Environment Laws such as Safety Occupational Health and Work Environment Laws B.E. 2554 (2011).
• Law on Labor Relations and State Enterprise Relations such as Labor Relations Act B.E. 2518 (1975) The categories excluded procedure law for disputes over employment contract.
Tags: labor and employment lawyer in Phuket, labor law, employment law